I am here to share once again – Just One Word.
Resolutions do not work well for me. I don’t know many who have made resolutions, that they have worked well for. I actually printed out the word cloud above which I made, and hung it on my wall. I want to do my best to live out my word. But the great relief is that, I don’t have to be perfect at it.
I sometimes like to complicate things and way over analyze them; but it gets better with time. Sometimes life is just what it is. But it never hurts to have a plan or outlined guide,if you will. That doesn’t mean everything will go accordingly by no means but maybe, just maybe things wont feel so aimless and just drifting.
I have found this is more enjoyable to share with small groups of people. The interesting thing can be sometimes to listen, really listen to hear and see the differences in each other both when sharing the same beliefs or different ones.
For me as I chose my word, all I had to do was look at my current state of physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being and knew I needed healing as my word. I don’t waste time explaining it to people who want to change my word , that’s not their job; either people support you or they don’t. You just keep moving , regardless!
Be prepared some will call you a hypocrite because you don’t live up to your beliefs or your goal of living out your word. The last time I checked, no one was perfect and most live as hypocrites if they are breathing in any oxygen. I like using the 12 – Step method with this and getting an idea of where I am.
Let me explain how I use twelve steps in my one word:
- I am powerless over my life- This wouldn’t be an issue if I wasn’t powerless.
- I am believing for a power Greater than myself God and a group of people to help.
- Making a decision to turn it over -I can’t do it alone.
- Taking inventory of how its going whats wrong.
- Sharing with one closed mouth friend and sometimes a few closed mouth friends.
- Finding the defects that could be making me stumble they have been put out into the open making me ready for God to take them.
- Actually asking God for help to remove those defects
- We started making a list of people we harmed along the way
- Making direct amends to such people except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continue reviewing and doing steps 1-9 and promptly admitting where and when I am wrong, sometimes its easier said than done.
- Seeking God through meditation and prayer to have a better connection with God asking Him for His will and the power to carry that out.
- Having had this awakening in God that I would continue to press on and help others when ever however I can.
All we have is just one word, one life, our faith, and one day.
Be blessed, healthy, and happy.
Thanks for reading!